Thursday, January 8, 2015

Nell's Chocolate Cake



NELL’S CHOCOLATE CAKE

1 ¾ c. sugar
1 ½ tsp. baking soda
1/3 c. shortening (Or coconut oil)
1 ½ tsp. salt
2 eggs
½ c. cocoa
1  tsp. vanilla
2  ½ c. flour
½ c. boiling water
1 cup milk 

Preheat oven to 350°F. Cream sugar and shortening. Add eggs and vanilla. Sift flour, soda, and salt together, adding to creamed mixture alternating with milk.  Add cocoa to boiling water mixing to make a paste. Cool slightly then mix into batter. Spread into greased 9x13 pan. Cook for 35 min.

Frost with Chocolate Butter Frosting.  
 
CHOCOLATE BUTTER FROSTING

1 lb. powdered sugar                     13 c. evaporated milk
½ c. cocoa                                     ½ c. butter, softened
Mix all ingredients in mixing bowl with electric mixer. Makes enough to frost 1 large cake

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy!

    If I had permission, I could post some recipes. I've been taking pictures.

    ReplyDelete